Are you redesigning a site? Do you want to see how your changes look before going live?
CleanSlate allows us to view a site in production (or in
a different theme.
- Push the new theme to Stash.
- Install the theme in CleanSlate.
- Note the theme ID on CleanSlate's Themes page. If you don't have access to view this information, hit up one of the designers at University Relations / Web.
- Go to the site you want to preview. For example,
?_theme_id=13to the end of the URL.
13is where to place the theme ID you want to preview.
- If you want to preview a different page, do it like so: http://it.wvu.edu/who-we-are?_theme_id=13
Note: Once you visit a new page, you'll have to re-add the query string.
Where to find a theme's ID:
Contact one of the University Relations / Digital Services Designers with the Theme Name and Repo URL in Stash and they can tell you the theme's ID. It should look something like this:
Last updated on February 6, 2015.
We welcome all questions, feedback and bug reports. If you're having an issue, we usually need the following information:
- A brief description of the issue
- A link to the page where you saw the issue
- Screenshots that illustrate the problem - How do I take a screenshot?