The Brand Patterns and Super Theme show two accessibility errors in Siteimprove. Below are the fixes for these:
Add a fieldset and legend to the WVU search pattern. In your
_wvu-search.html file, look for the code starting around line 16. Replace that code with the
We published a new version of the global stylesheet—v6.0. This new version includes the new branding from Ologie with styles borrowed from Adam Glenn's Brand Patterns.
The structure of the stylesheet remains very similar to what was seen in v5.0; however, since this update includes the new branding, v6.0 is not backwards compatible with v5.0. The typographic foundation of v6.0 is completely different from v5.0.
We're moving all CleanSlate sites to HTTPS by fall 2015 (if not earlier) spring 2016. This means your sites could end up busted when we switch to HTTPS. To ready your sites for this move, please test and resolve any Mixed Content errors or warnings before we make the switch permanent.
This post will show you how to test your site for HTTPS and how to fix any errors that may exist.
We're now caching those assets for an entire year.
What does this mean for me?
We published a new version of the global stylesheet—v5.0. These changes stemmed from wanting to add a link for content editors to log in and go to the current page to edit content.
After making a few changes, I figured it was a good time to do some housecleaning.
Earlier this week we made our issue tracker for CleanSlate public. This has been in the cards for some time and we're excited to announce this work is done.
We plan to use this GitHub repository to:
I recently recorded a screencast which details how to convert a theme—from start to finish—from SlateCMS to CleanSlate in 30 minutes. We used the 2012 Holiday Card site for the recording.
Even if you're not coming from SlateCMS, this screencast will give you a good overview of how to convert either HTML files or a template from a different CMS to CleanSlate.