I recently recorded a screencast which details how to convert a theme—from start to finish—from SlateCMS to CleanSlate in 30 minutes. We used the 2012 Holiday Card site for the recording.
Even if you're not coming from SlateCMS, this screencast will give you a good overview of how to convert either HTML files or a template from a different CMS to CleanSlate.
The screencast covers the following:
- CleanSlate developer documentation and our Getting Started guide. ( 1:55)
- Introduction to the CleanSlate Toolkit. ( 2:15)
- Directory structure for a CleanSlate theme and Our Rules. ( 4:38)
- Introduction to
config.yml. ( 7:48)
- All about Layouts. ( 9:20)
- Line by line theme conversion. ( 12:20)
- Radius Tags. ( 14:45)
- Protocol Relative Links. ( 17:30)
- Partials. ( 19:15)
- Custom Navigation. ( 19:44)
- Images in your HTML. ( 21:49)
- Intro to Editable regions. (
27:44). Also see
r:editable_regionin the tag index.
- Sync your theme in production. ( 31:10)
- Wrap up, Docs and help. ( 32:44)
Have a screencast you'd like to see? Let us know and we'll make it.