This section covers how to create a page.
- Under the pages tab of your site, click the "Create a Page" button in the top right-hand corner.
- Select which type of page you want to create.
- Content Page - This is the default page type.
- External Link - A page that's not a part of your site, but is still relevant, and can be linked to in your site's navigation.
- Blog Index - A page the serves as a parent page for all the blog articles.
- Blog Article - A page used for one blog entry.
- Choose whether or not to exclude your page from navigation (page will not appear in auto-generated navigation menus). Choose whether or not to exclude your page from search engines (instructs search engines to not index this page or follow any links on it).
- The Published on field will automatically be filled out when you first hit "Publish" for that page; however, it can be overridden here if desired.
- Enter any labels you want to be attached to your page.
- Select a template for your new page.
- Fill in the alternate name, titles, and description fields. These fields get printed
out into your site's
<head>and are useful for search engines. If left blank, the title field will be automatically populated with the page name.
- Click the blue "Save" button.
- If your page appears in the wrong order, see Reorganizing Pages on how to move it to a different location.
(This HOW-TO assumes you have the appropriate permissions to create a page.)
Last updated on January 29, 2016.
We welcome all questions, feedback and bug reports. If you're having an issue, we usually need the following information:
- A brief description of the issue
- A link to the page where you saw the issue
- Screenshots that illustrate the problem - How do I take a screenshot?