Part 1: Gathering Your Images on CleanSlate
From the dashboard of your website, go to 'Files' on the left.
Click the green 'Upload Files' button on the upper right hand side of the page.
Drag and drop your image files into the box or click the 'Add Files' at
the bottom left to manually choose your images.
- To add the files to a slideshow, they must have a Label. To do this, go to "Files" if you're not already there.
- Beside each file should be a checkbox. Check all files you want to add into the slideshow.
- Press the "Label" button that appears at the top-left near the "Upload Files" button and give the images an appropriate label. Hit "Save."
Part 2: Inserting the slideshow into your webpage
- Navigate to the editable region of your website where you wish to add the FlexSlider slideshow.
- Click the "Snippets" button on the top toolbar on CleanSlate. A toolbar should appear on the right.
- Drag the grey box next to the "Flexslider" snippet onto the editable region.
- Choose the Label that you assigned to the images you want in the slideshow. Choose your slideshow width (or click "Fit to region" if you aren't sure what size to put.)
- Click the "Insert Snippet" button. Then click "Save" or "Publish" to publish your changes.
- The slideshow has been added. You may have to refresh the page to see your slideshow. Well done!
If your images are showing up after you insert them but they don't look like a slideshow, contact your college's Professional Technologist or site owner to get Flexslider set up.
Last updated on February 6, 2015.
We welcome all questions, feedback and bug reports. If you're having an issue, we usually need the following information:
- A brief description of the issue
- A link to the page where you saw the issue
- Screenshots that illustrate the problem - How do I take a screenshot?